Saturday, March 12, 2011

Death and All His Friends


“Death is terrifying because it is so Ordinary. It happens all the time.”

My grandma was the All-Knowing, Ever-Forgiving, Ever-Kind and the most Selfless person I’ve ever had the Fortune to Know...
While People talk of Karma and good deeds morning through Night, most Evenings I’m beside My grandma thinking, “What bullshit.” My gran’s 85, and I’ve seen the past 16 years of Her Life.


She was seeing Her Life’s Eve as I was viewing My Dawn with the same words echoing throughout Me, “What Bullshit.”

When I saw her a year ago, She was, for Me, a Warrior Princess. She fought Death valiantly, with the Force and Bravery of a Warrior who has seen Death’s Ugly Face a million times and fought it, coming out Unscathed. But today, I see her with complete Inability to Fight. Or was it...?



They say when you accept Death, it becomes easier... It was when I saw her shivering in Her bed, not saying Anything to her nurse and calmly undergoing all the medical procedures which would’ve left someone like You and Me begging for Mercy with a benign Smile, that I saw she wasn’t Weak. She was the perfect antonym of Weak. She was Strong. She embraced Death in whatsoever way it revealed itself to Her...

She’s the Perfect, Flawless, Beautiful Woman... But for Me, she’s God’s way of showing Me what Strength lies in, in Reality. Not to fight Death, but to Embrace it like an Old Buddy...

“Death is terrifying because it is so Ordinary. It happens all the time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment