Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dejection Point

Often in my English class, we have the usual teenage problem discussions where puppy love/crushes are discussed a lot. We all feel very embarrassed if anything of this sort is discussed. But, we are curious too, at least I am. So, I wanted to listen or read a first person account of this “crush” thing. The first person I thought of was my brother. He is 17, so probably he would have had such an ‘experience’. In my view he is the most intelligent person I have ever met. But I know him to be very shy too. So how could I ask him?

My cousin, Venky, told me that a lot could be told about a person through his folder on the hard disk or his desktop. Now, my brother doesn’t own a laptop, so I had to go for the second option: his folder. Some may think I was poking and prying, but Curiosity is not a sin. Then I saw this word document titled “Dejection Point”. The name is so cute that I couldn’t resist opening it.

I read it. I felt that it was from the heart. So much that I would have felt guilty if I wouldn’t put it on this blog. So here goes:
In the sands of time, I have lost
My new found love….
I cultivated dreams, big ones
Did I not appeal her?

The creator bestowed his majestic presence
Planning two lives for us
I was wrong,
And I hit the wrong gong
Lives are pre planned, love is destiny
Not choice

My beloved I don’t even know
Whether I am seriously in love
I know not the difference
Between love and infatuation
But I know that I am frustrated

There are times when I felt
I didn’t pay heed.
Maybe
I wasn’t the right person

At times I curse the one
You love
At times I curse myself
But times have changed
I wish you all the best

You may not believe that
I am happy for you
As an average man
I felt dejected
Now I’m a little happy
Because little do I know
Whether my love is truly love

God decides what each person
Is meant for. Both of us have a
Different purpose each.
It is at that time when
I sober down that I will be happy
For both our lives.
I only hope that the creator bestows upon goodwill and mercy.
He has been merciful to me, at least till date.
I hope I forget you sooner than ever.
I hope I feel happy for both of us.
If only I happen to see you, I see a good friend and nothing else in you.
I will carry you in my heart
Oh! My long lost love

This ballad I dedicate to you
All my life I promise to carry you
In my heart at least
Ill try be happy for both our lives.

In your praise-----------

You remind me of an angel
I gaze at you; you take me for a stalker
My gaze is such.
I like you at times
When you hate me
I like you at times when you smile at me.

You are as bright as a finely polished diamond
To think of you I need no almond
You are magic personified, possess a strange charm.

I seek mental solace in you.
It is at times difficult to put my mind in place

I made several attempts to forget you
You never seem to stop haunting my thoughts
I wish you all the best that the world has

When you smile you take my heart for a
Roller coaster ride. When you give a dirty look
I feel that something is gravely wrong in me.

In the sands of time, I have lost
My new found love….
I cultivated dreams, big ones
Did I not appeal her?

---Nonds




There might be some ‘poem readers’ out there reading my blog. I request you; please don’t look for poetic devices. The sincerity and dedication with which the poem is written… wow!

I don’t need to ask my brother for anything after this poem. My thirst has been quenched. I am satisfied. And this poem… it is simply… AMAZING. Awesome!

Three cheers for Nonds- Hip Hurrah! Hip Hip Hurrah! Hip Hip Hurrah!

5 comments:

  1. That was one of the most beautiful and thoughtful poems I have ever read! I did not know all that could flow from Anand. Wow. Bravo! Anand, you should continue to write more poems like that. I mean, that one was really touching and deep. :] I loved it!!!! I mean, no words can express how much I loved it. :]

    Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem - right from the heart!! very well expressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is simply wonderful and aishu ur right it has actually come from the bottom of the heart.
    i really really hope that she comes to u soon and realizes her loss of a good friend and also a......u know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute poem! i'm glad i came across it. i hope u tok your brother's permission before u published it on ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its absolutely gr8!!


    frm: Harshitha

    ReplyDelete