Saturday, February 14, 2009

To My Dearest Friend...

Scratches, bruises, kicking, punching... These were not included in my fight with one of my best friends during the tour. It was all verbal... War of Words. I felt so depressed all through the tour after that, and I still do. But, I have never tried tomake it up to her. Maybe she has, but I definitely have not done so.

On my birthday, I couldn't get this thought of my mind about these fights... And I felt so bad about them. So I was just about to decide the worst thing possible, I wanted to go tell her that I don't want to be friends with her anymore.

Thank God. Thank God it was my birthday... As usual, my sweet cousin had come to rescue. She didn't know that such things had happened, but yeah. Her poem did teach me a lesson. A lesson I hopefully will never forget in life: Care for the people who care for you, a lesson of friendship, a lesson how to respect others' affection towards you.

As my eyes gently open each morning,
There you stand everyday,
To greet me,
To help me,
To comfort me,
As I work through my tensed day.

You are the Sun,
In my blackened world.
You are the voice,
Of my laughter.
You are the colors,
Of my rainbow.
You are the white rose,
In my rose bush.
You are the ripples,
In my water.
You are the sapphire,
Of my stone.
You are the wind,
That blows through my hair.
You are the rain,
That washes down my face.
You are the melody,
Of my music.
You are the stories,
Of my life.
You are the heart,
Of my soul.

You are my best friend.



- Shilpa Vasuki.

Thanks Shilpa. Thank you so much... I love you my friends, and if I ever fight with you, I'm sorry and I don't mean to do so. I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment