Friday, June 5, 2009

Twilight

I know I’m late, but what to do? It takes time for me to sort out my feelings.


When I was in class 3, I used to fall ill very often. Thanks to these periods of time when I was ill and stayed back at home, I read a lot of stories. My favourites were the ones with a moral. I am ashamed to admit that I don’t remember any story very clearly.


I do remember one, vaguely. This was a story about a battle between the beasts and the birds. They fought relentlessly, I do not remember for what. They fought for years together, not stopping for a moment. The bats were the only specie, in the whole battle, who never stuck to any side. They kept changing sides, according to who was winning.Finally, the battle ended in a compromise. All the beasts birds condemned the bats. They were shunned and ex-communicated, neither accepted as birds, nor as beasts. Not only were they pushed aside, they also had to agree to one condition: They were allowed to come out only at that part of the day when it was neither fully dark, nor fully lit- Twilight.




Recently, the IPL finals took place, on the 24th of May (wonder why I remember the date, never been a cricket fan, or should I say fanatic, since its religion in India) Ab who will miss the finals yaar? I watched it with great interest, for Deccan Chargers were playing. And Deccan Chargers WON! YAY!!! But, why was I feeling happy. Earlier on, I was supporting the “Mumbai Indians”, I don’t know why, I felt that… by winning the IPL 2, Mumbai was making a point, even after the 26/11, they were one… Hah! Like they even need to prove themselves or make a point, I was just being silly. But suddenly when Deccan Chargers won, I was happy…Maybe it is because I stay at Hyderabad, but is it? I guess not… I’m not afraid of accepting the truth. I think I supported Deccan Chargers because they won. I felt like a… like a hypocrite, like a bat!


At school, I always stood up for my friends, and my brother. When I was in class 6, and my brother was in class 10, we used to go to school and come back in an Auto-Rickshaw. When we were coming back home, some prefect was saying something to my brother. I didn’t hear what he said, but I didn’t like his expression. So I yelled at him. I was so silly! I was 4 years younger, and he was a prefect, he could have punished me without any reason, and plus, he was 2 times my height, one blow and that would be the last sunrise I ever set my eyes upon! Nothing to feel proud about.


Yet, was this an act of loyalty?


I don’t know… I am confused… Am I a bat, or not? Is twilight the right time for me???

1 comment: