Saturday, May 30, 2009

Farewell...

"Bye bye bye bye. bye bye bye bye bye byeee! जाना है हमको bye bye bye good bye" This was from an advertisement, the whole essence of I'm writing, or should I say, typing?



WARNING: Lots of grammatical errors, correction not intended, very informal style of writing. Sorry.



Fourteen years… not enough to face many farewells… for me at least. There were some though… one farewell the worst (in a way) and the best (in a way)



I was born in Hyderabad, but for seven years Mumbai was my life, my everything. I remember how I used to love to say “Chaddanagar”, where my tall Mama (I like to call him that way, I’m short…) and laugh! The apartment where mom, my brother and I used to stay, Gulmarg (I miss it so much). How all us kids used to run down to play at 6. Srishti had slapped me once at that time, grrr…. I remember how my friend Faheema and I had wandered far away from home (to play): Both my mom and Faheema’s parents were scared stiff (as if anyone would kidnap us, hah!) Her dad took a bundle of papers, rolled them and hit her. She behaved as though it was an everyday thing and I went home, crying (my parents don’t hit me). Once I saw these pencils manufactured at the U.S. Damn, they were beautiful… And I asked mom to get them for me. She roamed all over the city to get them for me, I still cry about it sometimes. And all this resided in that city… Like a part of my soul was still there. We left by train. Annie aunty, Thomas uncle, Deepti and Suneel… and Rajesh were there, at the station, saying bye to us. I felt like I would jump out! Oh, I remember Suneel crying… crying?! Suneel, my brother and I used to play on these small cars (as in they were manual effort toys) on which we would sit and play. I didn’t cry looking outside the window. I cried sitting inside the train. I was leaving them behind, when would I see them again. :’(



It was like… like a part of my heart, should and mind had been torn off, and had been kept separately. My Mumbai heart, mind and soul.



And here was another farewell. I went for this summer class for one month. Today was the last day. Bye! But, I didn’t feel bad, no tears. Maybe because the time I spent in Mumbai was way more than this, but still! It was a farewell… I don’t know.



Every farewell, every goodbye means so much, and so different.



I’m sure about what I’ll feel when I leave H.P.S ( R ). This is going to tear me like nothing ever before. Most of my ‘first- times’ were here. Like a part of me is going to be torn in the most painful way, and I know it, and still I’m not running away from that weapon. In fact, I’m going towards it, every second… Even thinking of it makes me cry.



Adieu: A word with so many different meanings, and emotions…

No comments:

Post a Comment