Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rain Rain Come Again


Sometimes I meet people close to my heart or there are some incidents I would like to carry in my heart as long as it beats (and even after that, if there is an after life :) ). I wonder if I will remember them. I always wish I carried a camera around wherever I go, but I guess after loosing two cameras; I have enough experience to realize that I can’t keep carrying one.

Today, two people who are very important to me came home: my cousin and his fiancée (they are getting married soon, I am so excited, maybe if there is something that touches me, I’ll tell you all about it!) We (Dad, Mom, Grandma, my Brother and I) were all happy. Bhabhi and Venky were coming for the first time (together). Am I going to remember this special day? I made sure I would by clicking some pics. It started raining, nay, pouring heavily soon after they came. I went to stand in the balcony to let those drops of purity grace my face…

As this water washed over me and washed away all my worries temporarily, they brought back the memories of July 2008. My cousin had come here on some official work. He was showing us (Mom, my Brother and I) an album of someone’s marriage on his laptop. It was nothing to do with the quality of the photos, actually nothing to do with the photos at all! Actually, seeing the photos of a person’s marriage who is unknown to you, you don’t really know whom/what to look forward to, at least I feel that way. It was raining outside with great ferocity. I’d never seen it rain that way in Hyderabad. The aroma of the wet soil and the coolness and sheer purity of the rain engulfed me…

Today I stood in the same place, remembering that I was standing here less than a year ago…

Sometimes, small things in life remind you of the special ones. I realized that even if I didn’t take photos, I would have remembered this day. I’d have remembered that three people who are so special to me came here once; all it takes is rainfall… ;)

3 comments: